College Provided / Designated Scholarship Competitions
- Arranged alphabetically by name of college or scholarship
- This page is effort to share the mailings sent to the Panorama guidance office - updated as possible BUT encourage using these links to research regardless of what date is listed
- Most colleges display scholarship and financial aid information on their websites, so if you know you want to attend particular colleges, look their website over.
- KCRG News report, Nov.7, 2017 about Simpson's Promise scholarship and Mount Mercy College's Katherine Mcauley Scholarship
- The Academy of Dramatic Arts – Please see website for list of scholarship opportunities: http://aada.edu/admissions/financial_aid.html
- AMDA - College & Consertatory of the Performing Arts, Los Angeles and The American Musical & Dramatic Academy, New York; 2017 Audition Tour will offer scholarships to their colleges ranging from $1,000 to $18,000. Schedule your audition on the AMDA Audition webpage, call admissions for questions 1-800-367-7908
- Aurora University - Musical excellence scholarship competition, deadline Feb 7, 2015. See website for details http://aurora.edu/academics/undergraduate/music/music-scholarships.html#axzz3FkyWVAKf
- Buena Vista University, Storm Lake, BVU
- CHEERLEADER SCHOLARSHIPS
- Creative Center College of Art & Design, Omaha, Iowa, offer a $2,000 Founder's Scholarship of Excellence and $1,000 President's Scholarship,
these awards for their college usually run out by March, so interested seniors are encouraged to submit admission application and art portfolio ASAP. See other award sources they encourage their admitted students to pursue.
- Cargill Global Scholars - this is a world wide scholarship program, closest participating colleges are Iowa State University and University of Nebraska, March 1 deadline, award amounts vary
- Dale Schroeder Memorial for University of Iowa, Iowa State U or University of Northern Iowa, must reside in community with less than 10,000 people, GPA 2.80, Due March 28, http://www.act.org/daleschroeder/
- DMACC PATHWAYS SCHOLARSHIP, $1,000, For students who plan to attend DMACC AND have been enrolled in DMACC Career Academy program in Perry, Iowa, Previous Semester, just ask for application at main desk of VanKirk Center and hand application in following directions.
- DMACC (Des Moines Area Community College), use the DMACC Scholarships webpage for future and current DMACC students; online application for Foundation Scholarships for all
exciting scholarship opportunity only available to the Class of 2018 through Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC). The DMACC Foundation has a scholarship that only high school students graduating this Spring/2018 can apply for and they are not competing against any current DMACC students. Scholarships offered range from $250 up to $1000 and would be applied to the student’s Fall/2018 tuition bill. For more information on this scholarship opportunity, please go to: https://www.dmacc.edu/foundation/Pages/application.aspx. If you would please, we need your assistance in getting the word out about this scholarship to the graduating seniors. Application deadline is Friday, March 2nd. IF students miss that deadline, they can still apply for a Fall/2018 DMACC Foundation Scholarship, however they would be competing against all other current DMACC students. If you have any questions regarding this scholarship opportunity, please don’t hesitate to ask. Thanks for your assistance and have a great day! Students will need to send Sue Rardin a copy of their current high school transcript to accompany their scholarship application: Sue Rardin, Financial Aid Specialist-Scholarships, DMACC-Ankeny Campus, firstname.lastname@example.org, (515) 965-7179
- Contact: Financial Aid Specialist-Scholarships, DMACC-Ankeny Campus, email@example.com, (515) 965-7179
- DMACC Valedictorian Scholarship, deadline not given but must also have 3.5 GPA & 26 ACT, It is a pretty good deal with tuition and books covered for all 4 semesters.
- DMACC & Accumold Announce Tool & Die, or Robotics, or Applied Engineering Scholarships with employment! Letter & Flyer sent January 2017. See Accumold company website promoting scholarship at accumoldscholars.com. April 1, 2017 deadline stated on Accumold website.
- Drake University – 2015 Physics Prize. Test is on mechanics, gravitation, waves, fluids and thermodynamics. Test registration is no later than Monday January 26. Please see website for details, see Mr. Webner to setup test proctoring, http://www.drake.edu/physics/about/scholarshipsphysicsprize/
- Fashion Institute of Design of Merchandising - campuses in Los Angeles, Orange County (Newport, Huntington, Laguna Beaches), San Diego, San Francisco, FIDM offers many different scholarships, check out website for details. http://fidm.edu/en/admissions/financial+aid+scholarships/fidm+scholarships
- Foreclosure.com/scholarship - December 16 deadline, essay format, apply online 2016 essay topic:
You've likely heard the famous quote before, "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it." The United States housing market can be unpredictable, volatile and cyclical. We've seen recent "ups" like the early 2000s and major "downs" like the Savings & Loan Crisis of the late 1980s and the devastating Foreclosure Crisis several years ago. Knowing what we now know, what measure(s) would you suggest (or what protections would you put in place) to prevent another housing disaster that would preserve home ownership and ultimately the national economy? Consider all levels of the market, including consumer (home buyers / sellers / owners), lenders (banks) and government (policies / bills / programs) as you map out an original, forward-thinking plan to avoid (at the very least minimize) mistakes from the past. Or, conversely, is another housing disaster simply inevitable? Provide factual evidence (references are strongly encouraged) to support your original plan / argument.
- Graceland University, any Panorama HS student who take a Graceland U ACE course, like Elementary Functions MAT1330, qualifies for automatic admissions and 50% tuition scholarship, in 2018 that $13,750 x 4 years of college = $55,000. Online courses from GU while PHS student also qualify so ask Mr. Webner about Intro to Computers (programming) or Intro to Religion online.
- Grand View University, Des Moines, Art scholarships - Art Scholarships for Grandview University, Please see the attachment below that describes some of the different scholarships that Grandview offers. Such as: Immigrant Iowan Scholarship, 21st Century Global Scholarship. (12.15.14)
- Grinnell College, Grinnell, Iowa, See letter: Grinnell costs Nov 2011 from Dean of Admission regarding college costs & financial packages, see Grinnell’s Financial Aid webpages; example - All Iowa residents get $10,000 minimum award per year , Howard R. Bowen scholarship, $25,000 per applicant per year, for total of $100,000 per student, same as admission deadline – January 15, 2014 (paper application in guidance office).
- Hawkeye Community College, Waterloo, Iowa - $1,000 (for any HS senior qualifying & $2,000 if you have taken college courses during high school - Achievement Scholarship
- Horizons School of Technology - HS Scholarship, San Francicso, CS - full tuition and housing costs
- Iowa Central Community College – look at lengthy list of scholarships, also the Campus Visit Scholarship, see the entire list & access the online scholarship application Jan. 1, 2017: http://www.iowacentral.edu/financial_aid/foundation_scholarships.asp?fa=t
- Iowa Communications Alliance Next Generation Scholarship (online application)
- DMACC & student split the tuition of the DMACC Network Technology/ Telecom Data Communications Program & offers a “mentoring” program with the sponsoring company while completing coursework. Successful completion of the DMACC program qualifies graduates for a position at the sponsoring company with a competitive salary & excellent advancement potential"
- Iowa School of Beauty, ISB Scholarships Webpage; example: Wed., March 6th, 2013, 10:30am-noon, open house includes drawings for scholarships, hair & makeup giveaway, gifts, etc.
- Iowa State U's New One Online Application for scholarships given through their Financial Aid Office, once you have been accepted use - www.financialaid.iastate.edu, select FinAidScholar
- Indian Hills Community College, Ottumwa, IA – free tuition to valedictorian (only valedictorians if more than one) & salutatorian, student must request school counselor to submit by April 26.
- John Deere VanWall community college full tuition scholarships and more $ too for recipients, apply at http://vanwall.com/john-deere-tech/
- Kirkwood CC, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Presidential and Leaders for Tomorrow Scholarships are due on March 15, 2016. Should you have eligible applicants, please encourage them to complete the form. The essay needs to be postmarked or received in the Kirkwood Admission office by Tuesday, March 15, 2016 (To be clear—all 8 questions must be answered and the entire 8 question response should be at least 1,000 words….not 1,000 words per question.
Here’s a link to the application form: http://www.kirkwood.edu/site/index.php?p=28934
Contact: Mark Ash; W: 800.363.2220, Fax: 319.398.1244
- Marist College – Technology Scholarships for students enrolling in fall of 2015 website: http://www.marist.edu/admission/technologyscholarships (12.15.14) Please see blow for flyer about all the opportunities.
- Mount Mercy University – Scholarship provides free tuition whose income is below $45,000. Please see website for details. http://www.mtmercy.edu/free-tuition
- Murphy Tractor & Equipment Co., murphytractor.com/careers or Deere.com/CFTECH to get started; provides scholarships and work in their John Deere dealerships through these colleges: Linn Benton CC in Lebanon, Oregon, North Dakota State College of Science in Wahpeton, ND, Dakota Co. Technical College in Rosemount, MN, Southeast CC in Milford, NE, Texas State Technical College in Waco, TX, Wake Technical CC in Raleigh, NC, and Suny Cobleskill in Cobleskill, NY
- Northwest Missouri State University – Many scholarships offered by college. Please check out website - http://www.nwmissouri.edu/finaid/ (updated 9-26-14)
- PCI Academy, Professional Cosmetology Institute in Ames, Iowa, $3,000, November 30 deadline, see application in guidance office (Scholarship Binder)
- Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL, Out-of-State Huskie Scholarship of $9,200 may be renewed up to 4 years ($36,800), based on application for admission – no separate application for award, see http://niu.edu/index.shtml.
- Simpson College, Indianola, Iowa - automatic scholarships and grants (free money) based on HS GPA & Test scores
- Southwestern Community college – Creston, Iowa
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville - There are various scholarships available. See the website: http://www.siue.edu/alumni/awards , also see below for more information.
- University of Iowa –
- Scholarships Descriptions & Directions for all freshmen webpage and
- another U of Iowa page is a Scholarship Portal with scholarship finder filter tool
- Scholarship in Physics, Strayer-Rairden - application form
, Deadline January 31
The Strayer-Rairden scholarship provides a $1,000 award, renewable for up to three successive years following the initial award, to an entering freshman from the state of Iowa. This person is selected by the Department of Physics and Astronomy as the state's best-qualified applicant who has declared physics or astronomy as their major. This scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit, not financial need. As long as a scholarship winner maintains a 3.2 grade point average (at U of Iowa), and remains in the declared major specified above, the scholarship may be renewed for a total of four years or the completion of a baccalaureate degree, whichever comes first.
Contact Heather R. Mineart at 319-335-1688 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view our web site for guidelines and application material please go to http://www.physics.uiowa.edu/undergraduate-program/undergraduate-scholarships-and-awards/strayer-rairden-scholarship-physics
- 2019 Pearl Hull Falk Scholarship, (private $800 award) for Protestants who plan to attend University of Iowa, administered by MidWestOneBank, due May 1
- ACACIA - http://www.uiacacia.com/scholarship/ (2017 application due March 31) "We are a group of alumni from the University who have established a scholarship for incoming students at the University of Iowa. These scholarships are designed to reward students who have exhibited exceptional ability in the fields of academics, extra-curricular activities, and human service. Financial need is not a criterion. Our hope is that you will encourage students that you know who possess these traits to apply for these scholarships. These scholarships are in essence, free money to help deserving students attend The University of Iowa. Our mailing address is: Acacia Fraternity - University of Iowa, 2904 Lorton Court, Davenport, IA 52803"
- Chris Street Scholarship by Farm Bureau, March 5 deadline - https://uiowa.academicworks.com/opportunities/159151
- University of Northern Iowa
- University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO): $500 - $7,000, complete the UNO Music Scholarship form and perform an audition before March 1. Audition information & scholarship forms available at http://www.unomaha.edu/college-of-communication-fine-arts-and-media/music/student-involvement/auditions-scholarships.php, contact email: email@example.com
- Van Wall Group, John Deere Tech Program Full Scholarship through Northwest Iowa Community College in Calmar, Iowa,
- This Dealer Sponsor Form serves as the scholarship application
for this excellent free education for guaranteed employment program
- Participation is competitive both in qualifications (Accuplacer and ALEKS tests Cw120769can be taken at DMACC in Perry) and as seats fill up
- See Mr. Webner for notes taken from past recruiting visits by Van Wall HR Recruiter at Panorama
- Waldorf Scholarship Day(s) of Forest City – Saturdays: Oct.22, Jan.14, April 21. Apply to Waldorf first with transcript & ACT scores submitted, then show up and compete for full tuition & five $2,000, all participants get textbooks at cost in first semester – http://www.waldorf.edu/scholarship Phone: 18002921903
- Wayne State College, Wayne, Nebraska, discount for Iowa students in 2018 means cost of $18,000 per year (before any scholarships kick in)
- William Penn University "Iowa Pride Scholarship", up to $5,000 towards tuition, IA HS graduates with 3.0 GPA & file FAFSA by July 1, renewable
- William Penn University "Athletic Bands Scholarships", must participate in 2 or more ensembles to receive award over half of tuition, renewable each year, unliminited number of awards available; contact Director of Athletic Bands, Terry DeJong directly at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 641-660-8620