$ Local Scholarships
- PLEASE MAKE COPIES OF LINKED APPLICATION FILES TO ENTER YOUR RESPONSES (OTHERWISE YOUR ANSWERS CAN BE SEEN BY ALL WHO OPEN THE LINK). GRAY FONT MEANS THE SCHOLARSHIP HAS BEEN UPDATED FOR THE CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR.
- INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE IS UPDATED AS Our LOCAL GROUPS SHARE WITH GUIDANCE OFFICE EACH SCHOOL YEAR - STUDENTS ENCOURAGED TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS 2 WEEKS BEFORE DEADLINES GIVEN.
- IF SCHOLARSHIP IS ITALICIZED THIS MEANS THAT THE DEADLINE HAS PASSED AND APPLICATIONS HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED.
- Most of these Scholarships are for current high school students only.
- Typing on pdf applications is possible using this online tool allowing for "editing" a pdf file - http://www.pdfescape.com/open/
- UPDATE: Senior Awards Night is May’s third Wednesday this school year (May 13, 2020, 6-7pm), great time to take pictures of our seniors receiving awards, then local Baccalaureate ceremony follows, roughly 7:15-8:30pm
- Families please share awards you would like your senior to be recognized for receiving; send awarding organization name, award title, and award amount (we can create certificate for presentation) to firstname.lastname@example.org & call his cell phone 641-757-1916 to verify
- Seniors; Remember to share a Resume with those 2 or 3 people you choose to ask for their writing general letter of recommendation for you, then include those recommendations & resume with all local applications on this webpage (unless otherwise stated).
- we are trying to make all applications digitally accessible & may reproduce a paper form you share with us. Please share updates you need with us.
- SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDERS are encouraged to present their awards but school can do this if you need assistance.
- PLEASE CONTACT email@example.com & call his cell phone 641-757-1916 to verify school is sharing updated information (award name, student directions for applying, award amount, award recipient, method of money disbursement)
LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP GROUPS USING THEIR OWN APPLICATIONS & DECLARING DEADLINES
Panora Telco has made 4 scholarships available to local students. In order to apply for these scholarships, your parent(s) must be a current customer of Panora Telco). Visit http://panoratelco.com/about/community/ to access the eligibility requirements, rules and applications.
3) Iowa Communications Alliance Scholarships – Application deadline is March 11, 2020.
Traditional Scholarship - The Iowa Communications Alliance is offering one (1) $1,500 per year (up to four
years) college scholarship to help a high school senior pursue higher education.
Next Gen Scholars Program - Network Technology/Telecom Data Communications Program
For students interested in this field, please visit https://www.iacommunicationsall.org/scholarships
for details and application.
4) Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) Scholarship – Application deadline is March 6, 2020 using https://www.ntca.org/sites/default/files/documents/2019-11/frs_2020scholarshipapp_FINAL.pdf
The Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) offers several scholarship opportunities to high school seniors who
have been accepted to an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school. In
2019, they will be awarding $125,000 in scholarships in honor of the Foundation’s 25th anniversary.
5) Aureon Scholarship – Application deadline is Midnight on March 1, 2020 using https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NJ6DRVB.
Aureon awards scholarships ranging between $1,000 and $3,000 to students who have outstanding
achievement records and are pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
- $500 will be awarded (a maximum of 4 times) at awards night along with directions for receiving future funds, submit letter of intent & resume style personal profile sheet to guidance office following these criteria used to determine award recipient:
- Participation in individual &/or large group speech contests should be included on personal profile sheet (will be verified by school)
- Enrollment in college with intent of completing a 4 year program (college plan statement should also be included on student profile sheet)
- Typed letter of intent; minimum of 250 words, indicating course of study and how plans include the art of communication
- Criteria for award in 4 areas: participation, attitude, letter of intent, GPA
- Due Date May 1st or as arranged with Mrs. Arganbright (any interested student should be in communication with Speech Coach Deb Arganbright).
- Guthrie County State Bank will present award to recipient at Senior Awards Night
This scholarship is $300 scholarship for vocational, technical or medical schools. There is no minimum grade requirement nor does the income of the student / parent have any effect on the award of the recipients. We have funds for 15-20 students in the Guthrie County school districts. Please do your best to get students to apply. We have money to give away but our biggest problem is getting students to apply.
Deadline for 2020 graduates is March 13, 2020
Include 3 letters of recommendation speaking to your ability to work in health-related profession, include transcript with ACT scores, submit to: Scholarship Committee, Guthrie County Hospital Auxiliary, 710 N. 12th Street, Guthrie Center, IA 50115 (also applications may be dropped off at the hospital front desk).
Rachel L. Hensal Scholarship Trust;
Bessie F. Isenhart Scholarship Trust;
Paul & Eleanor Little Scholarship Foundation;
Bruce and Naomi Barks Scholarship; and
Shared with seniors as google/doc 12/04/2019
2014 application form. $500 Award. Return to guidance counselor who in turn give to contact. Note - “Scholarship funds will be dispersed upon proof of enrollment for the second semester of the freshmen year - so awarded students need to give their college fall transcript to Jenny VanGundy at Farmers State Bank of Yale.
28. La'James International College, $1,000 scholarship to 1 Panorama student who has applied to attend this cosmo training institution (at any of their locations) to complete a degree in cosmetology, esthetics, &/or massage therapy. Give your scholarship packet to Mr. Webner
- DMACC Valedictorian Scholarships - https://dmacc.edu/honors/Pages/application.aspx
- In 2016 DMACC launched the DMACC High School Valedictorian Scholarship. It’s DMACC’s most prestigious academic scholarship that pays 100% of tuition costs for two years, plus a $500-per-year stipend for books and supplies. The total value of this scholarship over two years at DMACC is nearly $10,000. Recipients are automatically enrolled in the DMACC Honors Program.
- Google Doc File Share which you can edit (be sure make copy so as to not share your personal information with all to see on internet) of EditiblePanoramaScholarshipApplication
- Rich Text Format of EditiblePanoramacholarshipApplication.rtf
- Word Format of EditiblePanoramacholarshipAp
- UPDATE 4/6/2018: Hemphill & Associates, Insurance – $500, Due May 1. Winners will be sent letter with date when you can stop at Yale Farmers State Bank to pick up your check (this is not the same as Farmers State Bank Scholarship, number 24 above).
- Panora Chamber of Commerce – 2/$500, will take into consideration students' Entrepreneurship, Involvement, & a Panora Focused body of experiences & personal goals. Mr. Webner will deliver to Dave Grove (Edward Jones Financial/Panora), Due April 8, 2020. Send to Chris Webner in mail OR gmail firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, April 8.
- Iowa Trust Bank (formerly Panora State Bank) – $500, open to all, financial need important, winners collect award at bank after 1st semester of college (bring your copy of college transcript), Contact – Julie Zajicek (755-2141), Due April 22, 2020
- Panorama Education Association – Panorama Education Association Scholarship, a $2000 scholarship that pays $500 every year for four years. This scholarship is awarded in December, provided that the student maintains an education major and a GPA of 2.75, education majors with teaching career goal, Due April 22, 2020, contacts Deb Arganbright & Julie Weidenthaler)
- Panora/Panora-Linden/Panorama Alumni Association - an annual offering a one-time $500 scholarship to a graduate who is going to a college or university. Applicants should be students who are involved in their communities and are successful academically. The local scholarship application can be used. The deadline is May 1st (contact for the Panora, Panora-Linden, Panorama Alumni Club is Jerry Armstrong, Deb Arganbright). Award amount is paid in August.
- #26. Flint Hills Resources Discovery Scholarship, $1,500 one time award shared by the owners of the ethanol plant by Menlo, Iowa (ended 01/2020)
- Roger Thorsheim Memorial Scholarship from local Knights of Columbus, this award was discontinued in 2015
- Panorama Scholarship - the old Yale-Jamaica-Bagley scholarship account was completely used and closed in 2014
- Bagley Culture Club
- Dominic Higgins Memorial Scholarship
- Graceland University ACE Scholarship (ACE Program ended May 2018)
- DMACC VanKirk Scholarships